Most of the recent threads in the big SEO forums talk about problems connected to the general visibility of the site and the fact that a site has been completely de-indexed.
A lot of people attributed the cause to Google Panda, recently updated to Panda 2.2, which has been rolled out in Europe last week too, without realizing that most of the time a site is lacking on the basic SEO factors.
So before going out and about shouting that your web site has been de-indexed, look at the most common quality factors like:
- Selling links or engaging in link schemes
- Linking to bad neighbourhoods
- Hosting multiple sites on the same server
- Duplicate content caused by standard site structure
- Copyright issues without a DMCA notice in search